Voxlap Cave Demo
Download executable demo with cavetex tool here -> cavedemo.zip (498KB)
- source code for justfly.exe is available here
- shows a fraction of Ken Silverman's Voxlap Engine features
- real-time 3d voxels
- free world destruction!
- random, procedural
generated worlds (caves)
- various rock shapes
- the goal of a demo is to find red blaster, a secret weapon that has mega destruction power!
- Pentium III, Athlon, or above
- 128MB RAM
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP
- DirectX 8.0
- 120MB hard disk space (to store all the generated levels)
CaveTex - editor for procedural volumetric textures
- repeatable 3d procedural textures
- user function evaluated per texel, defined as expression in C-like syntax
- textures can be used to generate caves
- included in voxlap cave demo package
- check out texture examples
Genland - procedural heightmap generator
Unpack genland.zip (21KB) to Voxlap Cave Demo directory and execute "runland1.bat".
landscape with rivers
- multiple output formats (png/vxl/dta)
- C++ source code included
- feel free to experiment with it !
In December 2005 Ken Silverman asked me to generate some repeatable heightmap for him.
After talking a bit with Dmytry Lavrov on some forum I generated this simple heightmap with marble-like rivers.
Ken was happy with the result so he used it in his heightmap rendering algorithm demos